We take a balanced approach to sustainability by weighing up various factors (e.g. environmental impact, operational effectiveness, cost, practicality) before deciding what course of action to take. While there is always room to do better, these are some of the initiatives that we are currently committed to:
- We use biodegradable cups and spoons
- We use frozen ice packs that are reusable, so we encourage customers to bring them back for one-to-one exchange or for a $1-discount (terms & conditions apply)
- We encourage customers to bring their own insulated cooler bags when buying pints for take-away
- We sort and recycle our waste, where possible
- We charge a nominal cost for extra packaging requested by customers to encourage a culture of responsible consumption
- We are happy to hear suggestions for better packaging and / or practices to improve our sustainability efforts
Terms & Conditions for Return of Ice Packs
1. We only accept the brand "Xice" (see image below), because their freezing performance meets our required standards.
2. Each returned "Xice" pack allows for either a one-to-one exchange for a frozen "Xice" pack, or a $1-discount off a same-day purchase.
3. Returned "Xice" pack need not be frozen, but must be clean and undamaged.
4. Maximum of 5 "Xice" packs may be returned per transaction, because we have limited storage space.
5. The total discounted amount (for returned "Xice" packs) cannot exceed the same-day purchase price in a single receipt.