Terms & Conditions
Journey with Birds of Paradise for EQUAL
1. The campaign objective is to raise funds through monthly donations to build up a sustainable source of income for EQUAL (Equal-Ark Singapore Ltd).
2. The campaign period is from 1 July 2021 to 20 March 2022.
3. Donors are encouraged to assess their personal financial situation before making any financial commitment, including monthly donations. Birds of Paradise shall not be held liable for any financial commitments made by donors.
4. Only donations (both one-off and monthly) made via giving.sg/equal will be considered as part of this campaign. Birds of Paradise will match donations dollar-for-dollar, up to a cap of $5,000 in matching funds.
5. Eligibility criteria for complimentary single scoop gelato cone and stable visits: A recurring monthly donor becomes eligible when:
(a) he / she completes three consecutive months of donations within each quarter, where a quarter is defined as these periods: July to September 2021; October to December 2021; and January to March 2022
(b) each monthly donation is a minimum of $10 per month;
(c) the donation is made to EQUAL via giving.sg/equal
(d) his / her name and email address are provided to EQUAL via giving.sg/equal for contact purposes
6. At the end of each quarter, eligible recurring monthly donors will receive an email notification, which will include a digital voucher to redeem a complimentary single scoop of gelato on a thyme cone at any physical Birds of Paradise Gelato Boutiques.
7. Customers must present the digital voucher to the boutique staff at the point of ordering to redeem the product.
8. The vouchers are not applicable for use on our online boutique.
9. If and when stable visits are organised, eligible recurring monthly donors will receive an email invitation to sign up for available, limited slots.
10. The Management of Birds of Paradise reserves the rights to amend these terms and conditions unilaterally and without prior notification.
Is EQUAL a charity?
Yes, Equal-Ark Singapore Ltd (EQUAL) is a charity with IPC (Institution of a Public Character) status that offers animal-assisted learning to youth, persons with special needs, families and the elderly with clinical depression and dementia.
Are my donations tax-deductible?
EQUAL is an IPC. Tax deduction receipts will be issued for donations of $50 and above, where the required personal information has been submitted. For other enquires on tax deductibility, please contact EQUAL directly.
Which is more important for EQUAL - one-off or monthly donations?
EQUAL is grateful for all donations. Birds of Paradise will match all donations dollar-for-dollar up to a cap of $5,000. Monthly donations give EQUAL a sustainable stream of income from a wider base of donors (as compared with relying mainly on the generosity of large single-entity donors).
How long must I maintain my monthly donation for?
We encourage donors to support EQUAL as long as your finances allow, to meet our campaign objective of building up a sustainable source of income for EQUAL over the long term. For specific eligibility criteria for Journey with Birds of Paradise for EQUAL and Instagram Giveaways, please see the above Terms & Conditions.
Why is Birds of Paradise supporting EQUAL?
We started working with EQUAL in 2019, and committed to being their long-term partner so that we can sustainably support their good work over their growth years. In our various interactions with EQUAL, we have witnessed first-hand the dedication and sincerity of their team in fulfilling their mission with their horse beneficiaries and human beneficiaries. We are proud to continue working alongside them.
REDEMPTIONS AT BIRDS OF PARADISE
(for Journey with Birds of Paradise for EQUAL)
Can I give my free gelato scoop voucher to someone else?
Yes, vouchers are transferable but can only be used once.
Must I make a purchase together with this redemption?
You need not make a purchase to use the voucher. However, the voucher has no intrinsic cash value, so no cash will be returned for any unused voucher value.
Can I use this voucher to offset for a pint instead?
No, the voucher is only for redemption of a specific product of a single scoop of gelato on a thyme cone.
Can I use this voucher to offset my purchase online?
No, the vouchers are not applicable for use on our online boutique.
I donated for a period of 3 months across two quarters. Why don’t I get a free cone?
A donor must fulfill the eligibility criteria to receive the complimentary gelato cone. In this case, the donation (minimum $10 per month) must be made for 3 consecutive months within the same quarter to be eligible.
I’ve been a monthly donor to EQUAL since before your campaign started. Do I qualify for a free cone and stables visits?
Yes, as long as you fulfill the eligibility criteria within the campaign period (see above Terms & Conditions).
When are the stable visits going to take place?
Stable visits may be organised when the COVID19 situation stabilises, and may be subject to prevailing Safe Management Measures, operational constraints, and capacity quotas. If and when stable visits are organised, eligible recurring monthly donors will receive an email invitation to sign up for available, limited slots.